Friday 21 September 2012

9 months old!

Jake & Eleanor Keable


My babies are 9 months old today. Just to quickly catch up on the last 9 months:
  • The twins arrived on 21st December 2011 at 35 weeks 4 days, as I had severe pre-eclampsia (I'll save the birth story for another time)
  • They were delivered via emergency c-sec and Eleanor is a whole minute older than Jake
  • They both spent 5 days in NICU
  • They were 1.9kgs (Eleanor) and 1.8kgs (Jake) when they went home
  • I am still breastfeeding, but they are needing formula supplements 
  • They learnt to turn at 5.5 months birth age
  • They started solids at 6 months birth age
  • They started sitting unassisted at 7 months birth age
  • They started crawling at nearly 8 months birth age
  • They started pulling themselves up and walking holding on to furnitures at 8.5 months birth age
Being mummy is the most rewarding and amazing experience. I still wake up every morning in awe at how much they have grown and how far they have come from the days of them being in NICU with tubes stuck all over their little bodies. I still wake up every morning falling in love all over again. I can't stop smelling and kissing them. I love the experience of breastfeeding my babies....I love how they are comforted immediately when I breastfeed. I love how they hold on to my finger and cuddle close to me when they are feeding. I love how they look out for me and reach their hands out to me.

I never knew how much I could love until I became a mummy. Happy 9 months old my preciously little munchkins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment