Thursday 24 November 2011

31 weeks 5 days

Yippeee we’ve crossed the 30 week mark! I’ve always envied mommies who are in their week 30 something as it just means they are soooo much closer to seeing their baby!

The first 12 weeks of the pregnancy seemed to drag on forever, the second trimester went by pretty quickly (maybe because we had the UK trip and heaps of other life changing events going on at the same time)….now that we’re in our 30 week something time seems to have slowed down again. Maybe it’s because I walk a lot slower??

UPDATE ON THE TWINS
·      They are moving a lot these days and perhaps with the lack of space to swim around they are kicking and elbowing me a lot more. We often see random body parts sticking out of my tummy! I’ve gotten used to it and quite like stroking them like that but hubby still finds it gross
·      We’ve kinda decided on their names but the chinese part is undergoing “approval” by my family members as my immediate family can’t read or write in Chinese
·      They seem to have a pattern of being asleep and awake now and when they are active I have grown to love “playing” with them. I think they know as when I prod my belly they kick back! Very cute!!
·      We’ve got most of their stuff ready. Almost everything they have is in white with the exception of a really cute T-shirt & dungaree set for the boy and a very cute cotton pink dress hubby picked up last weekend at the flea market. Looks like we already know what they will be dressed up in during Chinese New Year! Haha

HOW I’M FEELING
·      HUGE! I’m not kidding when I say this. People are starting to stare. Strangers are starting to come up to me to rub my belly. I can barely turn myself in bed as I am so heavy in the middle. It takes a lot of effort to hoist myself up from the toilet seat. I can’t fit into most of hubby’s huge T-Shirts anymore. Even Pivo the dog stares at my belly when I’m lying on the sofa
·      I’m now consistently going for a pee around 8 – 12 times a night. NOT KIDDING! Sometimes when I feel someone kicking my bladder I get an immediate urge to pee. This obviously disturbs my sleep at night. Funnily at around 7.30am I can suddenly sleep 3-4 hours straight so I have now adjusted my sleeping time. Luckily hubby is super  understanding and he lets me sleep in J
·      About a week ago I started developing very bad rashes on my feet (which are already super swollen!) It got so bad it woke me up at night crying. Hubby has applied calamine lotion, aloe vera gel, ice packs….it just would not stop itching. I have never seen my feet look so horrible. It itched so badly I bled when I scratched. Had to go see the doctor who gave me some mild anti histamines and cream. It’s much better now thankfully but my feet are still ugly from the rash scars
·      My feet AND calves are super swelled up now. It doesn’t even just happen at night. It is perpetually swollen. Doesn’t help that I’m so short and I have a massive belly. I look like a teletubby now. Hubby tells me he still thinks I’m the most beautiful woman to him but I know he can’t keep lying to me!
·      The Braxton Hicks contractions are getting more frequent (yikes!) and it gets so tight around my tummy that it wakes me up at night
·      I have also been having diarrhea on and off the last week and I have been given a few explanations – it could be the changing hormones or it could be my body “cleansing” before the actual labour starts

So at nearly 32 weeks with my size I am quite keen to have them out but I know it is much better for them to stay in for another 4-5 weeks. I talk to the twins everyday, telling them mummy, daddy and Jack are very excited about their arrival but that they should try stay inside for a bit longer.

So….4 to 5 more weeks until I see my precious daughter and son!

No comments:

Post a Comment