Friday 23 September 2011

our twinnies at 22 weeks 6 days

So we did our week 23 scan today. Doctor reconfirmed that we are expecting a baby girl and baby boy! I know I said I would up date after the week 20 scan but I wanted to be super sure! :-)

Baby girl is weighing 583gms and baby boy is weighing 527gms. Doctor is happy with their growth rate. I was initially kinda worried that I haven’t put on much (at 22 weeks 6 days I have put on a total of less than 5 kgs). He said he’s not so concerned how much weight I put on and that he’s more concerned about the growth of the twins. Anyway I’m determined to keep this blog only for positive updates so here goes…

How we’re doing so far:

1)   Tummy is getting bigger and I am starting to waddle
2)   On certain days I get a lot of pressure “down there” that when I stand up I feel like the babies would  drop out! Luckily doctor said this sensation is normal. *phew*
3)   My feet swell when I sit or stand for too long. Drinking lots of water and protein and putting my feet up seems to help
4)   Went up 2 cup sizes *woot!!*
5)   They are both really KICKING! We often see my tummy moving nowadays even without rubbing or tapping it. They seem to be most active in the evenings when I’m sitting down chilling out or right before I go to bed. I love the sensation!
6)   Appetite still the same
7)   No particular cravings except occasionally for oranges, pomelos and soya bean milk
8)   Went through a few days of really bad acne breakout but it seems to have cleared up and I’m now back to having the pregnancy glow

I am falling in love over and over again with my son and daughter. Can’t wait to start preparing the nursery!

Next scan is in 3 weeks and doctor is recommending a steroid jab to mature their lungs just in case they decide to come by early. I haven’t done much reading about this so I hope it is safe for the twins….

No comments:

Post a Comment