Saturday 30 July 2011

our twinnies at 15 weeks

Our twinnies at 15 weeks

Happy 15 weeks my wonderful darlings!!

We had a scan a few days back and we have confirmed a boy (who was awake and moving around) but the other fella was fast asleep and wouldn’t move so the sex remains a mystery!! All we could see was the little fella lying down with the heart beating. I am still hoping this sleepy twin is a girl!!

The scans are getting so much more fun as we can see them move around. It’s the most amazing thing I’ve ever seen!! I am sooooo in love with my babies!!!!!

Below are some of my 2nd trimester developments....will do one for my 1st trimester soon which will be a VERY long list!!
 

My 2nd trimester so far:

  • The evening sickness has somewhat subsided. YAY!
  • I still eat 3 meals a day, and the same portions. I really wonder why I don’t have an appetite like some of my pregger friends?
  • I seem to get a headache VERY easily these days. I almost overheat just by looking at sunlight!! Sometimes these headaches last for nearly 2 days. NOT nice.
  • I am still constantly thirsty – downing water and juice the whole day
  • I am now able to sleep through most of the night, waking up maybe only once or twice to use the loo (my record was over 10 times a night in my first trimester)
  • I am feeling lots of pulls and stretches on my lower tummy/abdomen area
  • I have a very visible baby bump now – I have been asked if I am 4-5 months! Omg how la when I reach my 3rd trimester? I am also depressed that I am shopping for size L now to accommodate my tummy
  • My feet swells up a little when I walk or stand for too long. Water retention maybe?
  • I can’t sleep on my back for too long, most comfy position is to face the left
  • My linea nigra is now visible and I was told my Kristy that it stays for nearly a year after delivery. YIKES!!!
  • I felt the twinnies the first time around week 13 and nowadays if I sit or lie down still I could feel them move (but I have to be VERY patient). It feels like goldfish moving in my tummy

No comments:

Post a Comment